Works well with beef, pork or chicken. Goes well with a nice Pinot G.
- Large bowl of freshly washed, mixed field greens
- Sliced Plum tomatoes or grape tomatoes
- 3/4 c. crumbled gorganzola cheese
- 3/4 c. mixed dried tropical fruits
- thinly sliced bermuda (red) onion slices
- 1/2 c. walnut meats
- 1/3 c. extra virgin olive oil (more or less)
- 4 tbsp. honey
- 3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
Prepare dressing ahead, shake well and stand at room temp to allow flavors to blend. Wash mixed greens, and tomatoes. Lay sliced onions in salad and mix. Distribute walnuts (pecans can be used)and pour dressing over salad and toss. Lay Gorganzola cheese over the top of the salad. Enjoy and savor the mixture of flavors.
Print this recipe
Source: A friend from Miami Beach
Submitted By: Jack Crocetto
Mixed field greens with gorganzola and dired fruit