- 450g (1 lb) lean British beef, lamb or pork, cubed.
- 2 x 15ml sp (2 tbsp) plain flour.
- 450ml (3/4 pt) stock
- 2 x 15ml sp (2 tbsp) mild curry paste.
- 450g (1 lb) sweet potaties or potatoes, peeled and cut into 1.25cm (=") cubes.
- 1 large or 2 small onions, sliced.
- Salt and black pepper.
- 1 lemon, sliced.
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded and cut into chucks.
Blend together the flour with approximately 5 x 15 ml sp (5 tbsp) stock to form a paste.
In a large casserole dish place the meat, stock, flour paste, curry paste, potatoes and onion.
Season and stir.
Transfer to oven and cook for 1= - 1> hours until the meat is tender. Temperature: Gas Mark 4, 180:C, 350 F.
Stir in the lemon and pepper and cook for a further 15 minutes.
Serve with rice, fresh or frozen spinach and green beans or a selection of seasonal vegetables.
Tip - The lemon slices will add lots of flavour during cooking. They will become very soft and can be eaten.
Serves 3 - 4.
Cooking time: Approximately 1= - 2 hours
Print this recipe
Submitted By: Meryl