- 2 lbs meat of your choice (steak, chicken breast, pork chops, etc.), cut into strips
- Marinade Ingredients:
- 1/4 c vegetable oil
- 1/4 c vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano (or 2 tsp dried)
- 2 tsp seasoned salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Mexican fajita fixings:
- Chopped tomato
- Chopped lettuce
- Grilled onions
- Grilled bell pepper strips
- Sliced jalapenos
- Sour cream
- Grated Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese (or a blend of both)
- Flour tortillas
Mix all marinade ingredients together and pour over meat. Marinate meat 2 to 24 hours in refrigerator.
When ready to fix fajitas, drain marinade from meat. Discard marinade. Grill meat over medium coals to your desired doneness. If doing chicken or pork, make sure they are thoroughly cooked.
To serve, spread a flour tortilla on a plate, top with grilled meat and the Mexican fixings of your choice.
Print this recipe
Source: Adapted from various fajita recipes
Submitted By: Teresa