- posted by Sue L
- 4 servings
- 1/2 cup unhomogenized unsweetened peanut butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 scallion, sliced,for garnish
1. In saucepan cook peanut butter, water, soy sauce, garlic, lemon juice, brown sugar, ginger, and red pepper over medium heat for 1 minute.
2. Cool sauce, and remove and discard garlic from sauce.
3. Divide sauce into two parts.
4. Cut chicken into 1" strips, threading onto metal skewers.
5. If bamboo skewers are used, soak for 20-30 minutes before using.
6. Oil grid on grill with non-stick spray before heating.
7. Grill chicken, covered, over medium-hot heat, 6-8 minutes, turning once.
8. Baste with half sauce during cooking and serve with remaining sauce garnished with sliced scallions.
Print this recipe
Submitted By: Meryl
Grilled Chicken Satay