- Note: For a salad that is not too wet, do not chop parsley in a food processor as it crushes the parsley.
- 1/3 c Crushed wheat (bulgur)
- 2 c Water
- 1/4 c Fresh mint (chopped) or 2 tbs dry
- 4 Green onions, with ends
- 2 lg Tomatoes (diced small)
- 1 1/2 ts Salt
- 1/4 ts Pepper
- 1/3 c Lemon juice (or to taste)
- 1/4 c Olive oil or vegetable oil
1. Wash parsley well, drain and shake out excess moisture.
2. Soak crushed wheat in water in a large mixing bowl for 2 minutes. Drain well. Set aside while preparing other ingredients.
3. Remove stems from parsley and discard. Chop parsley very fine (3 bunches should equal about 5 cups). Add to wheat.
4. Chop onions fine and add to mixture along with remaining ingredients.
5. If not served immediately, do not add tomatoes and onions until just before serving. Toss well.
6. Serve with Romaine lettuce leaves. Tear leaves into bite sized pieces and use to scoop up salad for eating.
Source/Author: A Taste of Lebanon by Mary Salloum
Print this recipe
Source: A Taste of Lebanon by Mary Salloum
Submitted By: Meryl