- 6-8 servings
- 1/2 cup walnut halves
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 6 medium beets, trimmed and washed
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onions
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 lb fresh spinach leaves, de-stemmed and washed
- 3 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. Combine the walnuts with the olive oil, salt and pepper, mixing well to coat the nuts.
3. Spread on a baking sheet and bake until toasted, about 7-10 minutes.
4. Set aside to cool.
5. Wrap the beets individually in foil and place on a rimmed baking sheet.
6. Bake at 350 degrees until tender, about 1 1/2 hours.
7. Let cool for 20 minutes, then peel the beets by holding them under cold running water and rubbing off the skins.
8. Cut into 1/2-inch wedges, and place in a large mixing bowl with the walnuts and onion.
9. Combine all the dressing ingredients, taste and adjust the seasonings.
10. Pour over the beets and toss well.
11. Let sit at room temperature at least 1 hour.
12. Just before serving, arrange the spinach leaves in individual bowls or on a large platter.
13. Arrange the beets on top and crumble the goat cheese over.
Print this recipe
Source: posted by PetitFour- Recipezaar
Submitted By: Meryl
Roasted Beet Salad with Walnuts and Goat Cheese