This is easy- the secret is in the layering- and not too much meat sauce- it gets too gooey, and the cheese should be evenly spread over the entire platter- not in a thick wad of goop!
- 1 Pkg. Ground beef - larger in size.
- 1 clove fresh garlic
- 2 Red Peppers
- 1 Green Pepper
- 1 Large Onion ( Red- it'e sweeter)
- 1 large can Italian tomatoes( Pureed)
- Basil, Oregano, Salt,Pepper, Chilli Peppers( if desired)
- Old Cheddar Cheese Grated,
- Nachos- of course- the thicker ones that don''t droop.
Step 1: In a large frying pan: pour a splash of canola oil- heat up.
2. Chop the entire onion up into fine slices and divide into half.
Continue to chop half of the onions ( for the meat ) into finer diced bits.Place half of the onions into the pan. Cook thoroughly - until golden brown.
3.Chop an entire red pepper- into bits, add into the onions. Stir until cooked.
4. Unwrap the ground beef, place into heated frying pan- add a mashed clove or 2 of garlic, salt and pepper, a tsp. of oregano and basil- or to taste. Stir mixture until fully cooked. This should ressemble a bunch of meaty little bits when finished.
The sauce: either stop here or continue...it's up to you...To sauce or not to sauce-
5.To the meat mixture add the large can of Italian tomatoes- pureed. Taste. Oregano, Basil and pepper may be required or for fun- add a dash of Cayenne or Chili peppers.
The Sauce is Done.
Grate cheese- Old Cheddar,( Jalepeno Havarti and Blue are fun unexpectedly yummy).
Set aside in a dish.
Wait until the sauce or meat is cooled- set aside.
Layer nachos onto a cookie sheet or pizza pan.
Cover lightly with the meat sauce, a sprinkle of the remaining onions, chopped green peppers, chopped red peppers, and cheese.
Top with another layer of Nachos and repeat this entire sequence.
Pop into the oven at 350 degrees- watch until the cheese melts. Serve with Salsa, Sour Cream, Jalepenos, Bacon ( real bacon) bits, Guacamole,Tomaotes, Lettuce( sliced finely).
Print this recipe
Source: My Own Recipe
Submitted By: Tracy
Nachos..the way that they are supposed to be