If it's easier, you can make this a few days ahead and freeze it.
- 1(8 1/2 oz.) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (1 lb.) can whole cranberry sauce
- 2 (3 oz.) pkgs. rasberry flavor gelatin
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese
- 2 Tblsp. salad dressing
- 1 C. heavy cream, or 1 envelope dessert topping mix, whipped
- 1/2 c. coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 chopped peeled tart apple
Drain pineapple and cranberry sauce, reserving liquid; add enough water to make 2 c. liquid. Bring to a boil. Dissolve gelatin in hot liquid. Chill until partially set.
Beat softened cream cheese (room temperature) and salad dressing together until fluffy. Gradually beat in gelatin; fold this mixture into the whipped cream or topping mix. Set aside 1 1/2 c. of this mixture for topping. Add drained fruits, nuts and apple to the remaining cheese mixture. Pour into a 11-1/2 x 7-3/8 x 1=1/2" glass dish; refrigerate until surface sets, about 20 minutes.
Frost with reserved cheese mixture. Chill several hours, or freeze. If frozen, remove salad to refrigerator 1 hour before serving.
Print this recipe
Source: Farm Journal's Country Cookbook
Submitted By: Linda Wilson
Frosted Cranberry Salad