- Figs in a Blanket -
- Warm Goat Cheese, Gorgonzola, and Figs wrapped in Prosciutto
- approx 18-24 Fig Wedges
- 6 Fresh Figs
- 4oz. Prosciutto- thinly sliced
- 4oz. Cream Cheese
- 3oz. Goat Cheese
- 3oz. Gorgonzola or Roquefort Cheese
- 4 Scallions- chop finely
- Salt and Pepper- to taste
1. Cream together the cream cheese, goat cheese, and gorgonzola in a mixer, scarping down sides as you go. Stir in, by hand, the scallion, salt and pepper; set aside.
2. Slice the figs into thirds from stem to stem (so you end up with wedges of fig, not rounds). You can cut the figs into quarters or halves depending on the size of the figs and your own personal preference.
3. Lay the slices of Prosciutto on a cutting board and slice lengthwise into thirds. They should each be approximately 1/2" thick.
4. To Assemble: Using a small offset spatula, or knife, spread each cut side of fig with a healthy dollop of gorgonzola spread. Then take one strip of Prosciutto and wrap it around the middle of the fig, trying to cover as much of the exposed surfaces of the fig wedge as possible. The Prosciutto adheres to the figs well so you should not need to skewer them with toothpicks. Repeat process with all the wedges of fig.
5. To Cook: Preheat oven to 350: for 15 min. Place the figs on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, or foil, point side facing up. Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until the figs are warm and the cheese is soft. Allow to rest for 2 min. and serve warm.
Print this recipe
Submitted By: Meryl
Figs in a Blanket