- Warm Goat Cheese on Baby Lettuces with Roasted Peppers
- Created by: Robert Mondavi Winery Chef Sarah Scott
- Serves: 4 as a first course
- 8-oz. goat cheese log
- 2 Tbsp. cup olive oil
- 1 cup fine bread crumbs (Panko brand is best)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, roasted, seeded, and cut into strips
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, roasted, seeded, and cut into strips
- 1 cup Sauvignon Blanc
- 3 shallots, minced
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced, zest chopped and juice reserved
- 2 tsp. rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh lemon thyme
- 1 cup olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 lb. baby salad greens
Cut the cheese into 4 equal pieces. Dip in the olive oil and then in the breadcrumbs, evenly coating all sides. Arrange on a baking sheet and refrigerate until well chilled, about 1 hour.
Bring the wine to a boil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Reduce to 1/3 cup. Remove from the heat and add the shallots and lemon zest. Let sit until cool. Whisk in the lemon juice, vinegar, and thyme. Gradually add the oil in a steady stream, whisking continuously. Taste. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir to mix and taste again. Add more salt and pepper if needed.
Preheat the oven to 375F.
Place the cheese in the oven and bake 7 to 8 minutes. In the meanwhile, toss the greens with half of the vinaigrette. Divide among four plates and arrange the peppers around the outer edges of the greens. Arrange a piece of cheese on each plate and drizzle with the remaining vinaigrette.
Print this recipe
Source: Robert Mondavi
Submitted By: Meryl
Warm Goat Cheese on Baby Lettuces w/ Roasted Peppe