- 1/2 cup pure Spanish olive oil or more to taste
- 4 to 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2-1/2 to 3 pounds prawns or extra-large shrimp, shells and heads left on
- juice of 2 limes
- salt to taste
- pinch of dried oregano
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- dash of Tabasco sauce, optional
1. In a large skillet over low heat, heat the oil until it is fragrant, then cook the garlic, stirring, 1 to 2 minutes. Raise the heat to medium, add the shrimp, and cook, stirring, until they turn pink, 5 minutes. (If you prefer extra oil, add it along with shrimp.) Add the lime juice, salt, oregano, and parsley, and stir well. Correct seasonings and add Tabasco.
2 Transfer to a heated serving platter and serve immediately, accompanied by crunchy bread to soak up the garlic-flavored oil.
Print this recipe
Submitted By: Meryl
GARLIC SHRIMP (Camarones al Ajillo)