- 2 to 3 pounds steak, skirt, rib eye, or beef tenderloin
- Juice of 4 limes
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
1. Squeeze the lime juice over steaks. Rub some chopped garlic into each steak and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Allow steaks to marinate for 30 minutes.
2. Prepare barbecue. Coals are sufficiently hot when you cannot hold your hand 4 inches above the coals for longer than a count of 4.
3. Melt butter in saucepan over low heat. Stir in oil. Coat each steak with this mixture. Place steaks on the barbecue and cook until done to your liking. Slice steaks with the grain and serve in a tortilla with salsa, if desired.
Serves 4 to 6.
Print this recipe
Source: Mexican Cooking At The Academy
Submitted By: Linda Wilson
Carne Asada (grilled meats)