If you like herring this is addictive
- 1 can pickled beets
- (drain and reserve juice)
- 1 can sliced potatoes drained
- 1 jar herring in cream sauce with onions
- 1 dill pickles chopped fine (like relish)
- 1 granny smith apple (peeled) optional
Dice beets, potatoes, herring, and
apple in 1/4 inch squares. Mix everything
plus 2 Tbs. of beet juice together and let
stand in refrigerator at least one day.
Note: if plain pickled herring is used, add
some sour cream to mixture.
Print this recipe
Submitted By: flo rap
Beet and Herring Salad