- SAUTEED APPLE SALAD WITH ROQUEFORT CHEESE AND WALNUTS
- Reviewers' suggestion: Increase the dressing (Use 1 1/2 times the ingredient amounts).
- Suggestion: Can use raw apples instead of sauteeing the apples with sugar.
- 1/4 cup Sherry wine vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 cups mixed baby greens
- 3 cups trimmed watercress
- 1 Belgian endive, sliced
- 1 1/2 pounds Golden Delicious apples, peeled, cored, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup crumbled Roquefort cheese (or blue cheese OR soft goat cheese)
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
Combine vinegar and thyme in small bowl. Gradually whisk in 1/2 cup oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Combine greens, watercress and endive in large bowl. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add apples and sugar and saute until apples are almost tender, about 8 minutes. Increase heat to high and saute until golden brown, about 5 minutes longer.
Place atop greens in bowl. Sprinkle salad with Roquefort and walnuts. Toss with enough dressing to coat. Serve, passing remaining dressing separately.
Print this recipe
Source: Bon Appetit
Submitted By: Meryl
SAUTEED APPLE SALAD WITH ROQUEFORT CHEESE & WALNUT