- *Add garbanzo beans for a complete meal.
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 fresh tomato, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped (preferably purple onion)
- romaine lettuce, optional
- monterey jack cheese, cubed (optional)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 fresh jalapeno, chopped (*decrease or omit the seeds and membranes if you don't want it very hot/spicy)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder (preferably New Mexico)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1. Combine all salad ingredients, except the tomato (and romaine lettuce, if using).
2. Make the cilantro dressing (see instructions below) and mix well. Chill several hours or overnight.
3. Add tomato just before serving. Can also add torn romaine lettuce (optional) just before serving.
1.Mix dressing ingredients in a jar.
2. Shake to mix, or whisk very, very well.
3. Store in a glass jar in refrigerator.
Makes 4-6 servings
Note: You can also use the Cilantro dressing on various pasta or bean dishes.
Print this recipe
Source: My Files
Submitted By: Meryl
SOUTHWEST SALAD WITH CILANTRO DRESSING