This is best Oyster Stew you ever had! It is elegant and satisfying. I serve it with toasted homemade bread. Serve it quick and hot! Try adding a drop or two of hot sauce in your stew -- it's delicious!
- /2 cup butter
- 1 cup minced celery
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 quart half-and-half cream
- 2 (12 ounce) containers shucked oysters
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
1 In a large frying pan combine butter, celery and shallots over a medium
heat. Cook until the shallots are translucent.
2 Pour half-and-half into a large pot over medium-high heat. Stir in the
Print this recipe
Source: the net
Submitted By: Lee.M Kaye