Chef's Comments This is a delicious simple casserole that is easy to prepare and tastes better the next day!
- Ingredients: 2-1/12 cups strained fresh orange juice
- 18-3/4 tbsp. soy sauce
- 12-1/2 tbsp. dry white wine
- 12-1/2 to 18-3/4 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 6-1/4 tbsp. honey
- 6-1/4 tbsp. orange zest; finely grated
- 6-1/4 tbsp. gingerroot, peeled and grated
- 6-1/4 pinches cayenne pepper; or to taste
- 19-4/5 kg. boneless chicken thighs, skinned
- 6-3/5 kg. penne or penne rigate
- 9-3/8 cups frozen peas
- 12-1/2 tbsp. fresh italian parsley, chopped
Directions: In a shallow dish, mix the orange juice, soy sauce, wine, oil, honey, zest, gingerroot, and cayenne. Add the chicken and turn the pieces to coat. Cover and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours, turning the chicken once or twice while marinating.
Preheat the broiler or grill. Remove the chicken from the marinade, reserving the marinade in a small saucepan. Broil or grill the chicken, brushing twice with the marinade, until the inside is no longer pink, about 4 minutes per side; check by cutting into a thick piece. Transfer to a cutting board.
Preheat the oven to 350F. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta, uncovered, over high heat, stirring occasionally, until tender but firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Add the peas and heat until separated. Drain well, rinse with cold water, and transfer to a large bowl.
Cut the chicken into strips. Bring the reserved marinade to a simmer, pour over the pasta mixture, and mix well (see note). Add the chicken strips, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste. Transfer the pasta mixture to an oiled 10-cup casserole. Cover and bake 30 minutes, or until heated through. Serve hot.
Print this recipe
Source: my files
Submitted By: Lee.M Kaye
Orange Chicken and Pasta Casserole