We love these -- they are so good!
- 6 Tablespoons soft butter
- 6 Tablespoons shortening
- 2 Tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 cups flour
- 3 Tablespoons finely shredded lime, lemon, or orange peel.
- Approximately 3 Tablespoons lime, or lemon, or orange juice
- Powdered sugar
Beat together butter, shortening, corn syrup, salt, sugar, vanilla, baking soda, and cream of tartar. Beat in egg. Then add and mix in cornmeal, flour, and citrus peel. Roll into small balls, then roll balls in coarse sugar crystals. Flatten slightly onto baking sheet. Bake about 8 minutes at 350 degrees or until they barely start to brown. Cool on wire rack.
Make a glaze with citrus juice and powdered sugar. Lightly glaze each cookie.
Print this recipe
Source: Legacy Inn Bed and Breakfast
Submitted By: Lee.M Kaye
Citrus Sugar Cookies