This is very rich will serve a lot of people. A little goes a long way, but it's oh, so good!
- 2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 50)
- 6 Tablespoons melted butter
- 1 14-oz. pkg. vanilla caramels (about 48)
- 1 5-oz. can evaporated milk
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 8 oz. pkg. softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips...melted and slightly cooled
Crust: Combine crushed vanilla wafers and melted butter. Press mixture onto bottom and about 2 inches up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake at 350 degrees about 10 minutes. Cool.
In medium saucepan, combine caramels and evaporated milk. Cook and stir until melted (double boiler works best for this) Pour over baked crust. Sprinkle with toasted pecans. Chill
Filling: Beat softened cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla. Add eggs, beating on low speed just until combined (do not overbeat);
stir in melted chocolate and blend well. Pour over Caramel-nut layer.
Bake at 350 degrees about 40 minutes or until center appears nearly set when shaken. Cool about 15 minutes. Loosen from side of pan. Cool completely on wire rack. Cover and chill at least 4 hours before serving. Remove from refrigerator about 20 minutes before serving.
Print this recipe
Source: don't remember
Submitted By: Kaye
Chocolate Caramel Cheesecake