- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 2 2/3 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Grease and flour one 12x 3 1/2 inch or two 8 1/2x 4 1/2 inch loaf pans. Heat oven to 325 degrees.
2. In large bowl, beat eggs, sugar, honey, oil, orange juice, sour cream, and orange rind until combined. On waxed paper, mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon. Slowly beat flour mixture into egg mixture just until combined to make batter.
3. Spoon batter into greased pan or pans and bake 45 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees and bake 15 -25 minutes longer or until center springs back when touched lightly with fingertip. Cool cakes in pans on wire rack for 10 minutes; remove cakes from pans and cool completely. Makes 16 servings.
Print this recipe
Source: Country Living Magazine
Submitted By: Linda Wilson
Honey Cake (Medivnyk), Ukrainian