- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 4 2- to 3-inch-diameter beets, unpeeled, scrubbed, all but 1 inch of tops removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 4.5-ounce bag baby lettuces with frisie
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces, toasted
- 4 ounces chilled soft fresh goat cheese (such as Montrachet), coarsely crumbled
- Thin strips of orange peel
For dressing: Whisk all ingredients in small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
For salad: Preheat oven to 400F. Toss beets with 1 tablespoon oil in 11x7-inch metal baking pan. Roast beets until tender, about 1 hour 10 minutes. Cool beets; peel and cut into 1/2-inch wedges. (Dressing and beets can be made 1 day ahead. Cover separately; chill. Bring both to room temperature before continuing.)
Mix lettuces, walnuts and dressing in large bowl; toss. Divide among plates. Arrange beets around greens; sprinkle with goat cheese and orange peel.
Makes 4 servings.
Print this recipe
Submitted By: Meryl
SALAD OF GREENS , WALNUTS, BEETS AND GOAT CHEESE