- 4 (8-ounce) brook trout, gutted, boned, seasoned with salt and pepper (I use 2 trouts)
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- For the sauce:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 shallot, peeled and minced
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/2 fresh lemon, peeled, segmented, flesh minced (I just use the juice)
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped chervil (or 1 tsp dried)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons chopped thyme (or 2/3 tsp dried)
Recipe courtesy of Gourmet Magazine
For the fish:
In a large skillet at very high heat, melt butter and oil together. When the butter starts to brown, add the fish flesh side down, open face. Cook for 1 1/2 minutes on each side and then remove to a plate. Keep warm.
For the sauce:
In a medium saucepan at high heat melt butter until brown, add shallots and garlic cook for 30 seconds, then add lemon and wine.
Finally add herbs and season with salt and pepper.
Pour sauce equally over the trout and serve.
Print this recipe
Submitted By: Meryl
Sauteed Open Faced Trout