- 2 lb Sea Bass (Or Red Snapper) *
- 1 c Milk
- 1 t Cumin; Ground
- 1 c Onion; Chopped, 1 Large
- 1/4 c Vegetable Oil
- 1 c Green Chiles; **
- 1/4 c Fresh Cilantro; Snipped, ***
- 3/4 t Salt
- 1/4 t Pepper
- 1 x Lemon Or Lime Wedges
- * Bass Or Red Snapper fillets should be cut into 8 serving pieces.
- ** Green chiles should be canned, drained and finely chopped.
- *** You can use up to 1/2 cup of the snipped Cilantro. To Taste.
Place fish fillets in a shallow glass or plastic dish. Mix milk with
cumin and pour over the fish. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
Cook and stir onion in oil in a 2-quart saucepan until tender. Stir in
the remaining ingredients except the fish and fruit wedges. Heat to
boiling and then reduce the heat. Simmer, uncovered, until thickened,
about 10 minutes. Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Drain fish and pat
dry. Place 1 fish on each of eight 12-inch squares of heavy duty aluminum
foil. Spoon some of the onion mixture onto the fish. Fold foil over the
fish and seal security. Place foil packets on an ungreased jelly roll
pan, 15 1/2 X 10 1/2 X 1-inch. Bake until fish fish flakes easily with
fork, 25 to 30 minutes. Serve with lemon or lime wedges.
Print this recipe
Submitted By: Meryl
Sea Bass In Cilantro