- 8 ounces soft fresh goat cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds, finely crushed
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 30 thin slices French-bread baguette
- 12 ounces thinly sliced smoked salmon
- Lemon peel strips (for garnish)
- Tarragon sprigs (for garnish)
Goat cheese and fennel prove to be the perfect partners for smoked salmon. Pour glasses of Champagne or Sauvignon Blanc.
Preheat oven to 350F. Mix first 5 ingredients in small bowl to blend. Set aside.
Brush oil over both sides of bread. Arrange bread in single layer on large baking sheet. Bake until bread is just crisp, about 5 minutes per side. (Cheese mixture and toasts can be made 2 days ahead. Cover cheese mixture and chill. Cool toasts; store airtight at room temperature.)
Spread cheese mixture over toasts. Top with salmon, trimming to fit. Garnish with lemon peel strips and tarragon sprigs. Arrange on platter and serve.
Makes 10 appetizer servings.
Print this recipe
Submitted By: Meryl
SMOKED SALMON, FENNEL AND GOAT CHEESE TOASTS