- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not oil-packed)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 pound fresh shiitake mushrooms, stemmed, sliced
- 12 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 8 artichoke hearts from 14-ounce can, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 crusty French-bread baguette, cut diagonally into 1/3-inch-thick slices
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter, melted
- 1/2 cup (about) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces herbed goat cheese
Place sun-dried tomatoes in small bowl. Pour boiling water over tomatoes; let soak until soft, about 20 minutes. Drain tomatoes; slice thinly. Set aside. Melt 4 tablespoons butter in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, dried red pepper and thyme; sauti 1 minute. Increase heat to medium-high. Add shiitake and button mushrooms and sauti until brown, about 10 minutes. Add wine and lemon juice and simmer 2 minutes. Mix in sun-dried tomatoes and artichokes. (Can be prepared 2 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature. Rewarm over medium heat before continuing.) Mix in basil and 2 tablespoons butter. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to bowl; sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Preheat oven to 375F. Arrange baguette slices in single layer on baking sheet. Bake until golden, about 8 minutes. Remove from oven; maintain oven temperature. Brush each baguette slice with butter and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Return to oven; bake until cheese begins to melt, about 5 minutes.
Serve warm crostini with goat cheese and mushroom mixture.
Makes 12 appetizer servings.
The Place Next to the San Juan Ferry, Friday Harbor, Washington
Epicurious Food ) 2000 CondiNet Inc. All rights reserved
Print this recipe
Submitted By: Meryl
MUSHROOM SAUTE WITH GOAT CHEESE CROSTINI