Float a tablespoon or two of salsa on top of each serving, if desired.
- 2 cups black beans
- 9 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 large onions, diced
- 3 or 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large stalks of celery, minced
- 2 large carrots, minced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 - 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Good hot sauce if desired
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Good salsa (as garnish)
1. Soak beans for 8 hours in cold water.
2. Drain beans, bring to a boil in broth, then simmer 2 to 3 hours (until beans are completely cooked).
3. SautH onions, garlic, carrots and celery for 5 minutes in oil.
4. Add soy sauce, cumin, pepper and hot sauce and simmer for 30 minutes.
5. PurHe half the soup in batches in food processor then blend together and serve.
Print this recipe
Source: Barbie Casselman
Submitted By: Bob Simmons
Black Bean Soup