- 4 egg yolks
- 135 g sugar
- 450 ml milk
- 100 g bittersweet chocolate bar
- 35 g cocoa powder
- 2 Tbls sugar
1. Beat the egg yolks with a whisk. Gradually add 135 g sugar.
2. In saucepan, bring milk to a boil, remove from heat. When slightly cooled, very slowly add to egg yolk mixture, stirring constantly and quickly, being careful not to curdle the eggs.
3. Melt chocolate in a double boiler and stir until smooth and silky. Pour into custard mixture and blend. Add cocoa powder and mix well.
4. Pour into larger saucepan, place over medium heat (do not boil) and stir until mixture thickens slightly.
5. In another saucepan, heat the 2 Tbls sugar with 30 ml water until a caramel is formed. Add this to the custard and blend well.
6. Cool about 1 - 1-1/2 hours and then add to ice cream maker.
Print this recipe
Source: Chef 2 Chef
Submitted By: Marlen
Amazing Chocolate Gelato