- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 carrots, peeled and finely diced
- 4 stalks celery, finely diced
- 3 medium onions, finely minced
- 3 (28-ounce) cans tomatoes with juice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Heat the oil and butter in a large pot. Cook the carrots, celery, and onions for about 20 minutes, or until very tender.
Puree tomatoes in food processor or blender; add to the vegetable mixture in pot and continue cooking over medium heat for 25 to 30 minutes longer. Remove from heat. Stir in parsley and basil; season with salt and pepper. Serve.
Print this recipe
Source: Cooks Recipes
Submitted By: Marlen
Tuscany Tomato Soup