I am Cuban American and a Food Consultant for icuban.com This is a very authentic Cuban recipe!
- 2-1/2 lb. fresh pork loin
- 12 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1/2 cup sour orange juice (or 1/4 cup unsweetened orange juice & 1/4 cup lime juice)
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup pure Spanish olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 fresh onion sliced into rings
- lime wedges
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
Cut pork into 2 inch chunks. To prepare marinade: mix together garlic, chopped onion, orange juice, 1/2 cup olive oil, oregano, cumin and salt. Pour over pork chunks and marinate for at least 3 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
Remove meat from marinade. Place in pot with two cups of water and 1/2 cup olive oil. Simmer, uncovered until all water boils away -- about 30 to 45 minutes. Brown the pork in the oil until crispy on the outside -- DO NOT overcook! Add onion slices and saute briefly. Garnish with lime wedges. Serve with white rice and plantains.
Print this recipe
Submitted By: Marlen
Masitas de Puerco