- 1 Catfish (about half a pound prepared weight)
- 2 cups fish stock
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 Tbls. of kha (galangal-Ginger root), julienned
- 1 Tbls. takhrai (lemon grass), thinly sliced
- 1 Tbls. bai phak chi (coriander/cilantro leaves)
- 1 Tbls. of prik ki nu daeng (red birdseye chilis), thinly sliced
- 4 Tbls. fish sauce
- 4 Tbls. lime juice.
Bring the stock to a simmer: add the galangal, lemon grass, coriander, chilis, fish sauce and lime juice, and bring to the simmer. Cut the cleaned boned fish into 1-inch chunks. Add the fish to the soup, add the coconut milk and bring back to a very gentle simmer, and poach the fish 3 to 4 minutes (until just cooked).
Print this recipe
Source: A Thai Cooking Lesson
Submitted By: Eileen Werth
Tom Kha Pladuk- Catfish Soup