This quick curry owes a large part of its ease of preparation to the red curry paste (a paste made from red chili, onion, garlic, and spices).
- 1 can coconut milk - (14-ounce)
- 1/2 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/3 cup basil leaves - coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound chicken breast halves - cut in 1" cubes
- 1/2 medium bell pepper - julienned
- 1 medium carrot - shredded
- 1 medium zucchini - shredded
In a medium saucepan, combine coconut milk and red curry paste. Bring to a low boil and let simmer for five minutes. Add soy sauce, brown sugar, and lime juice. Stir, let simmer for 5 more minutes. Add basil leaves; remove from heat.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Season chicken cubes with salt and pepper. When oil is hot, add chicken. Cook until no longer pink in the middle (about 7 minutes). Add bell pepper, carrot, and zucchini. saute until the vegetables wilt. Add curry sauce to chicken mixture. Simmer for 5 minutes over low heat. Serve over rice.
Print this recipe
Source: ) 2000 RecipeArchive.com; All Rights Reserved
Submitted By: Marlen
Chicken in Thai Red Curry