Prep: 25 min. Freezing: 8 hr. When we tested this beverage in our kitchens, we liked the zingy, fizzy, and fruity taste.
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 1 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced and seeded
- 1 lime, sliced and seeded
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 20-oz. can pineapple chunks, drained
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 750 ml bottle champagne, chilled
- 1 750 ml bottle dry white wine, chilled
- Additional lemon and/or lime slices (optional)
Fill a 6-cup ring mold two-thirds full of water and freeze overnight. Remove from freezer; arrange strawberries, kiwi, and seeded lemon and lime slices on top of ice. Fill mold with water to within 1/2 inch of top. (Fruit will not be completely covered.) Wrap with plastic wrap and refreeze.
Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the sugar on pineapple; set aside. Combine lemon juice and remaining sugar; stir until sugar dissolves. In a 3-quart punch bowl, combine the pineapple, lemon juice mixture, champagne, and wine. Remove ice ring from mold; place gently in punch bowl with fruit side up. Float additional lemon and/or lime slices in punch bowl and cups when serving, if desired.
Print this recipe
Source: Internet/Home Cooking/From Gracious Goodness Christmas in Charleston
Submitted By: Marlen