You can combine the ingredients with a potato masher to keep your hands clean and it makes it quicker. There are many meat loaf recipes in the archives. Drizzle top of slices with ketchup, if desired. I like to bake it the last ten minutes with ketchup on top. I usually skip the bacon.
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 med. green peppers, chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped celery leaves
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage (mild, medium, or hot, depending on your taste)
- 4 bacon strips, optional
In a large bowl, combine eggs, gr. peppers, onion, celery leaves, parsley, and soup mix. Crumble beef and sausage over the mixture and mix well. Shape into a 12-inch x 4-inch loaf. Place on a rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake uncovered, at 350 degrees for one hour. Place bacon strips over top, if desired. Bake 45 to 60 minutes longer or until no pink remains and meat thermometer reads 160 degrees. Makes about 14 slices.
Print this recipe
Source: Taste of Home's Quick Cooking
Submitted By: tc c
Green pepper meat loaf