- Peach Sauce:
- One 20 oz. Bag Frozen Peaches (or comparable Fresh Peaches)
- 1 cup white wine (or chicken stock)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- 3/4 cup pecans, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 chicken breasts, boned, skinned, split in half and slightly flattened
1. In a large skillet, combine the peaches, white wine, cinnamon, and sugar. Stir gently over medium heat until the peaches are tender and heated through. The sauce will reduce slightly and thicken. Set aside and keep warm.
2. Set up an assembly line: place the flour on a flat plalte, the egg mixture in a largte bowl and the chopped pecans on a flat plate.
3. In a large skillet, heat the oil until hot. Dip chicken into flour and shake off any excess. Then dip into egg mixture and finally into chopped pecans. Saute in oil 3 minutes on each side until cooked. Put onto dinner plate and top with peach sauce.
***FOR CHURCH DINNER FOR 80 PEOPLE ... prepare ahead, and place cooked chicken cutlets onto cookie sheets. Cool. Re-heat at 375 degrees for 4 minutes and serve. Warm peach sauce should be served on the side for guests to ladle their own portion
Print this recipe
Source: Jacksonville Inn, Jacksonville
Submitted By: Elaine Olson
Chicken with Peach Sauce