NOTES You can use any flavor jam you like. The jam is the only part of the cookie that has any texture, so I prefer using it to jelly. Don't eat the cookies straight from the oven, or you'll probably burn your tongue. The jam stays hotter much longer than the cookie.
- 1/2 pound butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg yolk
- 4 oz cream cheese
- Raspberry jam
(1) Preheat oven to 350 deg. F. Cream together the butter and sugar.
(2) Add the flour and egg yolk and mix well.
(3) Add the cream cheese and mix well.
(4) Roll into balls about 5/8 inch in diameter. Place them on an ungreased cookie sheet (the cookies don't grow when baked, so they can be somewhat close together). Then press your thumb into each to flatten it and make an indentation to hold some jam. Fill it with jam.
(5) Bake at 350 deg. F for 15 to 20 minutes.
Print this recipe
Submitted By: Marlen
CREAM CHEESE BUTTER COOKIES