- SLICED ORANGES WITH CRANBERRY COULIS
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh cranberries
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- Grated zest of 1 orange
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup orange liqueur
- 6 oranges, peels, white membranes removed, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- ROASTED DUCK BREASTS
- 1 1/2 cups cranberry coulis
- 6 whole duck breasts, boned, skin left on
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
SLICED ORANGES WITH CRANBERRY COULIS
1. Simmer the cranberries, sugar, and orange juice uncovered in a medium-sized sauce pan for 15 minutes.
2. Add the orange zest and water. Simmer uncovered another 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Strain the cranberry mixture through a fine mesh sieve. Stir in the liquer. Let cool to room tempertature.
4. On each of 6 dessert plates, make a pool of the cranberry coulis. Fan a sliced orange on each cranberry pool; spoon a little more cranberry coulis over the oranges. - 6 portions
ROASTED DUCK BREASTS
1. Make the cranberry coulis.
2. Pre heat oven to 450 degrees F.
3. Place duck breasts, skin side up, on a roasting rack in a roasting pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. Roast the breasts for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven. Reduce heat to 300 degrees F.
5. Spoon 1 cup of the cranberry coulis over the duck breasts. Roast for 10 more minutes.
6. Cut the breasts diagonally into slices. Fan the slices on the individual serving plates or serving platter. Spoon the remaining cranberry coulis over the slices and serve immediately. - 6 portions Spoon more cranberry glaze over the duck and serve with a beet puree.
Print this recipe
Source: Good Times CookBook
Submitted By: Rick Smith
Roasted Duck Breasts with Cranberry Glaze