- 1 1/4 lbs red-skinned potatoes,
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 vetg. Bouillon cube
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 green bell pepper, diced or substitute 4 ounce can of green chilies
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
Scrub the potatoes. Halve them lengthwise, cut crosswise in one-half inch thick slices and boil until just tender Drain potatoes and leave in colander.
In medium saucepan, put one-half cup water, oil and bouillon cube. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve bouillon cube. Stir in onion, bell pepper and garlic; return to boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 10 minute, or until vegetables are almost tender.
Add tomato, oregano and pepper. Cover and cook three to four minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add potatoes and cook, stirring gently, until heated through.
Print this recipe
Submitted By: Marlen