- 1 can (6 1/2 oz.) tuna in olive oil
- 8 oz. pitted oil or salt-packed Italian or Greek black olives (a MUST for this dip...do NOT use regular canned black olives)
- 1 can (2 oz.) anchovies in olive oil
- 1/2 cup capers, washed and drained
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Freshly ground peppe
In a blender or food processor, mix tuna, olives, anchovies, capers and garlic to make a coarse puree. Turn into mixing bowl.
Chop Eggs. Combine with puree. Add olive oil, lemon juice and pepper. Adjust seasonings and chill.
Use to fill mushroom caps or cherry tomatoes, or as a spread.
Optional: Add fresh, finely chopped basil and 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
Print this recipe
Source: The Everyday Gourmet
Submitted By: Elaine Olson