These freeze beautifully.
- 1 cup persimmon pulp mixed with 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Mix together in a small bowl and set aside.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup salad oil
- 8 ounces (about 1 cup) pitted, finely snipped dates
- Stir together well in a large bowl
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon EACH salt, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
Combine gently till well mixed
Add the flour mixture to the date mixture alternately with the persimmon mixture, stirring just until blended.
Stir in 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans.
Grease and flour-dust a 10x15 inch rimmed baking pan. Spread the mixture evenly in the pan (it will be very thin and it makes thin bars). Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or till just lightly browned - don't overbake!
Let cool in the pan on a rack for 5 minutes. Prepare Lemon Glaze and spread over cookies. Let cool completely, then cut into bars.
LEMON GLAZE: stir 1 cup powdered sugar with 2 Tablespoons lemon juice until smooth
Print this recipe
Submitted By: Marlen
LEMON GLAZED PERSIMMON BARS