You can vary the vegetables to suit your taste.
- 8 oz. uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 c. shredded carrot
- 1/2 c. sliced green onion
- 1/2 c. sliced red bell pepper
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 t. ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 c. low fat cottage cheese
- 1 c. buttermilk
- 1/2 c. plain non fat yogurt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 c. sliced mushrooms
- 1 can (14 oz.) artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2 c. (8 oz.) shredded part skimmed Mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 c. fresh grated Parmesan cheese
Cook the pasta according to package directions omitting the salt; drain. Rinse under cold water, drain well and set aside.
Preheat oven to 375. Pat the spinach with paper towels to remove excess moisture. Combine spinach, carrots, green onion, bell pepper, parsley and black pepper in a large bowl; set aside.
Combine the cottage cheese, buttermilk, yogurt and egg whites in a food processor or blender. Process until smooth.
Spray a 13 x 9 inch baking pan with a nonstick spray. Arrange a third of the lasagna noodles on the bottom of the pan. Spread with one-half each: cottage cheese mixture, vegetable mixture, mushrooms, artichoke and mozzarella cheese. Repeat the layers ending with the noodles. Sprinkle the top with additional Parmesan cheese.
Cover and bake 30 minutes; remove cover and bake 20 minutes longer or until bubbly and heated through. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Print this recipe
Submitted By: Marlen