Using more chilli (Seeded) ands extra 'zing' to your dip. Just remember that you always have to cater for the 'lowest commen denomenator' - there's no use that your more 'outgoing' friends enjoy the dip, when your less adventurous guests smile nicely and don't come back for 'seconds'. COMPRIMISE
- Depending on number of guests - let's just start with the basics - then you can multiply!!!
- 1 Ripe avacardo (Do you know how to test for ripeness?) - mashed very well (fork is the best)
- 1 small onion - peeled & grated (save the juice)
- 1 medium lemon or lime - juiced
- Freshly milled (sea) salt & (black)pepper
- 1 small red chilli - seeded and VERY finely diced (don't forget the gloves!!)1 carton/bottle (300 ml) of pure cream
- 1+ tablespoon of good egg mayonnaise (eg. SW or your own!!)
Always be directed by taste!!!
Mix all the ingredients - including the onion juices (except the cream & mayonnaise) together.
When you're happy with the taste (tanginess) add the mayonaise and finally the cream to give a good dipping consistency.
(Tip - sometimes, lemons/limes don't have the 'sourness' needed for this dip - just add some more juice (bit by bit) until you have the taste you want)
Print this recipe
Source: My Own
Submitted By: Catherine