- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
1) In a medium saucepan melt two tablespoons butter and add olive oil. Sauti the onion and garlic over medium low heat until onion is translucent. Add rice and toss to coat. Stir fry for one minute until fragrant and add white wine. Let it evaporate and then add one cup of chicken stock. Simmer, stirring occasionally until all liquid has been absorbed. Keep on adding stock by 1/4 cupfuls, stirring occasionally. When rice is cooked, approximately 20 minutes add the grated carrot, one tablespoon butter, Parmesan cheese and parsley and stir vigorously.
2) Take off the heat and spread onto a cookie sheet to speed up the cooling process. Cover with plastic and place in the refrigerator for a few hours.
3) Take rice out of refrigerator. Transfer to a bowl and add beaten egg. Mix well and set aside. Put flour into a small bowl. Season with salt, black pepper and paprika. Form rice mixture into 2-inch diameter patties, about 1/2 inch thick. Dip in flour and fry in hot vegetable oil until golden brown on each side. Transfer to a cookie sheet lined with paper towels. Serve immediately.
Print this recipe
Submitted By: Marlen