I have made this before cooking & had great results freezing it until ready to deep fry. Just chill it well on a baking sheet first before putting it in a bag.
- 4 boneless & skinned chicken breasts
- real butter
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- salt, pepper, garlic powder
- Plain flour for dipping
- 1 beaten egg, with 1 TBL. water
- Seasoned bread crumbs, enough for dipping
- White wine (cooking wine is fine)
- Fresh garlic clove, or prepared minced
Pound the chicken lightly until about 1/4" thick. Dust each side lightly with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Place a well-chilled sliver of butter in the center. Place about 1 TBL. chopped onion on top. Tuck the short side in, then roll lenghtwise. Dip in plain flour, the egg wash, then breaded crumbs. Secure with toothpicks if necessary. Chill for at least 45 minutes. Deep fry until golden & done, about 8 minutes, depending on thickness.
In a saucepan, melt 1/2 stick of butter. Saute 1 tsp. fresh garlic. Add 1/2 cup of white wine. Serve over hot Kiev.
Print this recipe
Submitted By: C. Mahoney