To make it non-vegetarian a handful of shrimps should be added when frying cumin seeds. Write to me at email@example.com for more recipes
- Button mushrooms---------1 lb
- onions any variety-------1/4 lb (sliced)
- turmeric powder----------1/5 tsp
- milk (half&half)---------4 tablespoons
- green onions-------------2 stalks
- garlic clove-------------1
- pickled green chili------minced(1/2 tsp)
- Cumin seeds-------------1/5 tsp
- fresh cilantro chopped--( 1 tsp)
- canola oil--------------1 tablespoon
Pick medium size unopened mushrooms. Wash them well before use. Cut mushrooms into two.
Slice onions very thinly.
Wash and chop green onions as fine as possible.
Place a large steel pot over medium heat. Add oil.
After a few seconds add the onions, mushrooms and turmeric powder.
Fry by stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
Remove about 1/3 portion of the fried vegetables on to a dish and set aside.
Transfer the rest into a blender taking care to leave the oil in the pot.
Blend by adding milk and garlic into a paste. Add a little more milk to blend well.
Place pot back on heat. Add 1 tsp of oil if no oil is present in the pot.
Add cumin seeds, pickled chili, green onion.
Stir fry for 1 minute.
Pour the milk veggie blend into the pot.
Wash the blender with water and pour the water into the pot to make a soup consistency.
Stir gently to mix. Reduce heat to simmer. Add the fried mushroom-onion mixture that was set aside. Stir gently.
Let simmer uncovered for 3-4 minutes.
Serve with freshly baked french bread.
Print this recipe
Source: Original tested 100 times
Submitted By: Romi Roy
Cream of Mushroom Soup