Please inform me how this menu is appreciated.
- one head Brocolli with stem
- cumin seeds--------1/5 tsp
- red chili flakes---1/8 tsp
- canola oil (preferred)-----2 tsp
- salt to taste
- Wash the brocolli head by holding it under running lukewarm tap water first with the flower side towrds the faucet and the the stem side up. Gently shake to remove water.
- Place it on cutting board and break each floret from the stem. Cut of the top and get the stem . Cut of the dry lower end of the stem and discard. The remove the tough outer fiber of the stem by peeling from top to down.
- Cut the stem lenghtwise into two. Then slice each half thinly and keep aside.
- Chop the florets into small size. This will save you from cooking too long and preserve the nutrients.
- After all chopping is done place a pot on medium heat. First add oil then cumin, chili flakes and brocolli in order. Stir. Add salt and cover for 2 minutes. Salt brings out some juices and allows it to steam in its own juices. Remove cover, stir to fry about 1 minute. serve warm. I love it with plain steamed rice or wrapped in tortilla or serve with grilled fish and mashed potato. Oh this is my favorite. I would appreciate if you let me know how you liked this dish.
I put the directions in ingredients.
Print this recipe
Submitted By: Ruth Ray