This cake is definitely worth baking. It is by far the best and moistest cake I have eaten.
- 1 1/2 sticks butter softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 (1-ounce)squares unsweetened chocolate melted
- 3 cups flour
- 3Teaspoonsbaking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/3 cups boiling water
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease two 9 inch cake pans. Dust with flour; tap out excess.
2. In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until well blended. Add chocolate and beat 1 to 2 minutes.
3.Mix together flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to chocolate mixture in two additions alternately with buttermilk. Beat until well blended. With mixer on low speed, add boiling water and beat until smooth (batter will be thin). Pour into prepared pans.
4. Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pans 10 to 15 minutes, then unmold onto a cake rack until completely cooled.
Print this recipe
Source: 365 Chocolate Desserts Book
Submitted By: Lonnie Whitehead