Experiment:= Lighter for chicken and pork. Darker for beef and game. Sweeter for Dim Sum. The commercial recipe uses Black bean paste. The light soy and honey, the taste of peanut dominates.
- 4 Tablespoons Soy sauce - dark/light/usual
- 2 tablespoons Peanut butter - or black bean paste
- 1 tablespoon Honey - or molasses
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons sesame seed oil
- 20 drops Chinese-style hot sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Simply mix all ingredients by hand.
At first it does not appear like it will mix, but keep at it just a bit longer and you have Hoisin Sauce. Letting it rest does not appear to improve the flavour any.
Print this recipe
Submitted By: Angel Power