- 1 stick margarine
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar - firmly packed
- 3 eggs - well beaten
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup walnuts - chopped
- 1 cup fresh crushed pineapple - drained
- 2 cups raw carrots - grated
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup currants
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon - I use 1 teaspoon
Cream the margarine.
Add the brown sugar and the eggs and mix well.
Then add the flour, baking powder and baking soda.
Mix again and add the walnuts, pineapple, carrots, vanilla, currants and cinnamon.
Bake in a greased and floured 8" x 12" baking dish in a 350*F oven for 45 minutes, or until cooked when tested.
Serve warm with light cream.
Print this recipe
Source: Recipe courtesy...Tina Turner
Submitted By: Angel Power
Pineapple, carrot cake