The recipes for roasted chili paste and Thai soup stock are a more elaborite story. Enjoy.E..
- 4 T. vegetable oil
- 6 whole small dried red chillies
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 300 g (about 11 oz.) lean chicken, sliced
- 1 T. oyster sauce
- 1 T. fish sauce
- 1/2 t. sugar
- 1 t. roasted chili paste, bought or home made
- 3 T. Thai soup stock or water
- 50 g roasted, unsalted cashew nuts
- 2 shallots, cut in 2.5 cm pieces
Using 1 T. vegetable oil in a wok, stir-fry whole chillies until cooked evenly but not burnt. Remove and set aside.
Stir -fry garlic in the remaining vegetable oil, until golden. Add chicken slices, oyster and fish sauces, sugar and roasted chili paste and stir-fry until chicken is golden. Lower heat, add stock or water and cook another few minutes, stirring occasionally. When chicken is thoroughly cooked, add cashew nuts, shallots and whole chilies, and stir several times. Remove from the heat and serve.
Print this recipe
Source: Thai cooking class
Submitted By: Eileen Werth
GAI PAD MET MAMUANG