Pho Da Chien (means quicky Pho)
- 1 big can Swanson clear beef broth, or you can use chicken broth
- 2 anise stars
- 1 piece of fresh ginger (about 1/2 inch)
- Squirt of Fish Sauce
- Few thinly beef slices (you can use London broil steak, or any lean beef)
- 1 package of flat rice noodles called "banh pho", cooked and run through cold water, then hot tap water.
- Cilantro, basil, hoisin sauce,...., chopped green onion
Mix 1 can of beef broth to 1/2 can of water. Bring to a boil. Preheat oven at 400 degree, turn off the heat. Put ginger and anise star in oven, closed door, and leave them there for 5'. Put "roasted" ginger and anise star in the broth and simmer for 15'. Discard ginger and anise star. Put noodles in bowl, add slice beef, top with chopped onion, and a dash of black pepper. Poor the boiling broth into bowl. Serve with hoisin sauce, fishsauce, cilantro,.... Enjoy!!
Print this recipe